The roof is the topmost part of any structure it faces the most amount of climatic conditions. It should be the strongest part of your home. There are many options in the market for roofs, such as asphalt, wood, metal, and their variants. But the best one is metal. It is the most durable material for roofs and its maintenance is quite low. In this blog, we’ll be covering the points you should know before you install a metal roof.
FEATURES OF METAL ROOF
- Durability: A metal roof is the only type of roof that can last for the entire time your house exists. Metal can undergo all the climatic changes for up to 100 years. But since it is an enormous commitment for any firm to claim for their product, the companies say that it is durable for up to 50 years.
- Temperature regulative: Unlike other roof materials, metal does not absorb heat instead, it repels the heat. Metal also provides insulation during cold months. This quality of metal cost-effective one, because it will reduce your usage of the heater, air conditioners, and other ventilation devices. Which will ultimately reduce your energy bills.
- Sustainability: Metal roofs are made with some amount of recycled marital. The amount of recycled material can vary between 25 to 95%. Also, metal roofs are 100% recyclable. This makes the metal roof a sustainable and eco-friendly material.
TYPES OF METAL ROOFS
Metal roofs are made from different types of metals there are copper roofs, aluminum roofs, steel roofs, etc. Each of the metal types has its own distinctive features. Besides the type of metal used, it is available in 2 different forms. One is the metal sheet roof another is a metal tile roof. Both these forms looks have significantly distinct looks.
- Metal sheet roof: Metal sheet roofs are sheets of metal placed aligned beside each other and stitched together. It provides a linear look that suits perfectly to modern houses.
- Metal tile roof: Metal tiles are designed specially by keeping in mind that it appears as the classic traditional roofs. The tiles are available in Spanish tiles, wood, and slate design.
THINGS YOU MAY DISLIKE ABOUT METAL ROOFS
Every good thing has a bad side as well. Let us have a look at some disadvantages that comes with metal roofs.
- Noise: Metal generates a huge amount of sound. The raindrops falling on the metal roof can be pleasing to hear, but with time those sounds that sound which pleasing and relaxing become irritating noise. There are ways you can reduce the intensity of sound but you can’t eliminate it.
- Durability of the paint: Except for copper roofing, all the other types of metal roofing require painting to protect it from corrosion.
- Modification: The metal roof is installed as a whole huge metal sheet. If there is a small modification to be made, it is a laborious task.
- Cost:The metal roof has lots of advantages. Great advantages come with a great amount of price as well. Metal roofs have more cost than other material roofs. The cost is worth the features it provides. Its durability serves for its cost the most.
Metal roofing is a durable and long-lasting product, but it’s really important to make sure you install your metal roofs correctly. The wrong screws or fasteners could cause major problems for this type of material. This means that even though they last longer than other types, like asphalt shingle roofs these days (in some cases, up to 100 years). There’s still plenty more room in terms of time when installing them. So as not to have any unnecessary stress put on their thin sheets by using heavy-duty anchors/fastenings during installation.
In this blog, we have covered all the points one should consider before installing a metal roof. These points will help you a lot in making the decision about metal roofing. Contact us if you have any doubts regarding the metal roofing as well as if wish to install a metal roof to your home/ office, etc.